- The terms 'The South Asian Times' and 'TheSouthAsianTimes.com' are used in this document (or Agreement) to refer to the Web site itself and to Forsythe Media Group, LLC, the company which owns and operates the The South Asian Times website.
- The South Asian Times reserves the right to update the terms, conditions and notices of this agreement without notice to you. It is your responsibility to periodically review the most current version of this Agreement as your continued use of The South Asian Times signifies your acceptance of any changed terms.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and The South Asian Times and governs your use of the The South Asian Times Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and The South Asian Times.
- The South Asian Times is entitled to assign this agreement, and all rights and obligations hereunder, to a successor to all or any of its assets, whether by sale, merger or otherwise. These terms shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective representatives, heirs, administrators, successors and permitted assigns except as otherwise provided herein.
Terms of Service
The South Asian Times is a service provider as defined in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. The South Asian Times is an interactive computer service as defined by 47 U.S.C. § 230. We do not control the truth or accuracy of content posted or the safety, or legality of the items advertised or sold. You may find other users' information or advertisements posted to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or deceptive. The views expressed on the website are not those of TheSouthAsianTimes.com, and any errors or omissions in them belong to the respective contributors / copyright holders. Through the use of this site, you agree to hold harmless The South Asian Times and its sponsors, owners, shareholders or employees against any and all claims related to the opinions expressed by others.
The remainder of this document covers the specific terms and conditions under which each major service category of The South Asian Times is provided for your use. It is your responsibility to make sure you read and understand this document before using any The South Asian Times service. Please do not contribute to The South Asian Times in any manner unless you have carefully read and agree with all of these terms.
Accessing and Transmitting The South Asian Times Content
All the content available for public access on The South Asian Times is protected by copyright. Your use of this material must adhere to the following terms, unless you are the original contributor of the content to The South Asian Times, in which case your use is governed by the terms governing The South Asian Times's relationship with its contributors as covered below.
- You may download and print a single copy of any content item for your personal, non-commercial use. Content items include, but are not restricted to, articles, columns, photographs, complete talkback posts and reader comments on articles.
- You may not modify any content you download or print from The South Asian Times. You must retain all copyright notices and logos on any content item you download or print.
- You may not make any content item originating from The South Asian Times available for public access by any means whatsoever without obtaining prior written permission from The South Asian Times.
- You may forward Internet URLs (Uniform Resource Locators) to third parties for private, non-commercial use, along with brief extracts that do not violate Fair Use guidelines.
- You may post, or otherwise make publicly available, excerpts from The South Asian Times content items, in any publicly accessible forum, so long as they follow standard Fair Use guidelines and The South Asian Times is cited alongside the excerpt as the original source with a link back to The South Asian Times.
Contributing Content to The South Asian Times
In addition to being a social and professional networking site that connects people, The South Asian Times also provides a variety of forums for its members to express themselves in the form of articles, columns, opinions, comments, reviews, art and photographs. The South Asian Times provides value to its contributors by making available to them its vast global audience reach.
The terms in this section apply to all the content contributed to The South Asian Times in any of its various services and forums.
- You truthfully assert that the content being contributed is your creation and that you own the copyright to the content. Unless you have deliberately assigned the copyright to someone else, you automatically own the copyright to all of your original creations.
- You truthfully assert you have not infringed on anybody else's copyright in the creation of this article.
- We are not responsible or liable for loss if visitors to the site violate your copyright and distribute your copyrighted content without your permission.
- You grant us exclusive unlimited Internet distribution rights and electronic distribution rights, and non-exclusive, unlimited print publication and distribution rights either through The South Asian Times's own or through other media. This includes Web publishing, syndication on other web sites, syndication with print publishers, publishing as part of a collection of articles, publishing as a book, email, ftp, telnet and other Internet-based information transfer protocols.
- You may, however, publish the content you contribute to The South Asian Times, on your personal, non-commercial Web site if you possess one.
- In case the contributions are digital images of artwork in traditional media such as canvas, that is available for sale, you may also publish digital images of your artwork on commercial Web sites that sell art online, only for the purpose of sale.
- Once granted and your content is published, the distribution rights cannot be revoked. In other words, once your contribution is published on The South Asian Times it automatically becomes a permanent part of the publicly-accessible The South Asian Times archives. You may, however, subject to our approval, update or revise your contributions on The South Asian Times.
- You will not receive any monetary compensation for your submissions. The only in-kind compensation we promise is exposure on the World Wide Web and a home for your expression on the web.
- You grant us the right to organize, categorize, collate your contributed content and present it on the website in any manner we see fit. We may remove or edit your contribution at our discretion without having to secure your permission. We will however make reasonable efforts to inform you of the changes.
- We generally do not object to our contributors posting their The South Asian Times contributions on other, freely accessible non-commercial Internet locations, so long as The South Asian Times is clearly cited as the original publisher, and a link to www.TheSouthAsianTimes.com is provided. You, however, agree to secure our permission first before such re-publication on other Internet sites happens.
- You agree to state TheSouthAsianTimes.com as the previous publisher prominently in case you print your article in an offline magazine.
While you are on the site and engaged in any form of communication on any of the forums, you agree NOT to:
- Upload or post or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, promotes violence, is invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a The South Asian Times official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted;
- Upload or post otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available, under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside, proprietary or confidential information, learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Upload or post or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party. You may, however, post excerpts of copyrighted material so long as they adhere to Fair Use guidelines.
- Upload or post or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of business solicitation. Repeated postings of a promotional nature is considered abuse of the forums. Businesses or individuals wishing to advertise on the The South Asian Times website should contact us at this address.
- Upload or post or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue by repeatedly posting the same or similar material, or otherwise acting in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in exchanges;
- Violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass another user; Collect or store personal data about other users either manually or by means of automated software tools; Promote illegal activities; Inhibit other users from using and enjoying the unedited forums.
- Post classifieds advertisements that contain untruthful representations, deceptive practices, inducements to commit any illegal activity.
Using The South Asian Times Services
This Section covers the terms under which various The South Asian Times services, including, but not limited to, link forwarding services, event information, and any information available on and/or through The South Asian Times, are made available to you.
You agree that:
- The South Asian Times may electronically block or otherwise deny access to the The South Asian Times Web site, to any user deemed to be in violation of any of the terms in this document.
- The South Asian Times is not obliged to ensure that the Web site is available to all users at all times. While we make all attempts to deny access only to those individuals who violate The South Asian Times regulations, we are occasionally forced to use access denial methods that cause a disruption in access for other users.
- The South Asian Times is not responsible for a loss of access to The South Asian Times services due to failure of networks connected to the Internet, or any other temporary hardware or software failure.
- The South Asian Times reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- A possibility exists that the Site could include inaccuracies or errors. Additionally, a possibility exists that unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations could be made by third parties to the Site. Although The South Asian Times attempts to ensure the integrity and the accuracy of the Site, it makes no guarantees whatsoever as to the correctness or accuracy of the Site. In the event that such an inaccuracy arises, please inform The South Asian Times by emailing staff(at)TheSouthAsianTimes.com so that it can be corrected.
- This Site may contain links to other Web sites operated by third parties ("Linked Sites"). You acknowledge that, when you click on a link to visit a Linked Site, a frame may appear that contains the The South Asian Times logo, advertisements and/or other content selected by The South Asian Times. You acknowledge that The South Asian Times and its sponsors neither endorse nor are affiliated with the Linked Site and are not responsible for any content that appears on the Linked Site. You also acknowledge that the owner of the Linked Site neither endorses nor is affiliated with The South Asian Times and its sponsors.
- If you use TheSouthAsianTimes.com's free Email-a-Friend and Guestlist services, you are submitting your email address for registration and subscription to our site's services and agree to receive solicited emails from us relating to special promotions and relevant information relating to our content.
- Agreement with Terms and Conditions: This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions that apply to use of TheSouthAsianTimes.com by Subscriber. By using TheSouthAsianTimes.com, Subscriber agrees to comply with all of the terms and conditions hereof.
- Changes in Terms and Conditions: The Company has the right to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of TheSouthAsianTimes.com, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use, at any time. The Company has the right to change or modify the terms and conditions applicable to Subscriber's use of TheSouthAsianTimes.com, or any part thereof, or to impose new conditions, including, but not limited to, adding fees and charges for use at any time. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by means including, but not limited to, posting on TheSouthAsianTimes.com, or by electronic or conventional mail, or by any other means. Any use of TheSouthAsianTimes.com by Subscriber subsequent to such notice shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by Subscriber of such changes, modifications or additions.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Indemnity
YOUR USE OF The South Asian Times IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED BY FORSYTHE MEDIA GROUP, LLC ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, WEBSITES DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHATABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY WARRANTY THAT IS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH The South Asian Times IS PROVIDED SOLELY BY THE OWNER, ADVERTISER OR MANUFACTURER OF THAT PRODUCT AND/OR SERVICE AND NOT BY FORSYTHE MEDIA GROUP, LLC.
FORSYTHE MEDIA GROUP, LLC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS ON THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING THAT
- The South Asian Times AND ITS SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS,
- The South Asian Times WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE,
- THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THOUGH The South Asian Times WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, BE RELIABLE OR ACCURATE, AND
- ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH The South Asian Times, SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR ITS SERVICES.
ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF The South Asian Times IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DO.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL The South Asian Times BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES RESULTING FROM [A] THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE OUR SERVICES OR ACCESS CONTENT, [B] THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM The South Asian Times, [C] THE UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATIONS OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, [D] STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE, OR [E] ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE, EVEN IF FORSYTHE MEDIA GROUP, LLC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
Void Where Prohibited
Although The South Asian Times is accessible worldwide, not all products or services discussed or referenced on The South Asian Times are available to all persons or in all geographic locations or jurisdictions. The South Asian Times reserves the right to limit the provision of any product or service to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction it so desires, in its sole discretion and to limit the quantities of any such product or service that it provides. Any offer for any product or service made on The South Asian Times is void where prohibited.
In addition, FORSYTHE MEDIA GROUP, LLC makes no representation that materials on The South Asian Times are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States; therefore, accessing those materials from territories where they are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access The South Asian Times from locations outside the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Financial Transactions and Taxes
If you make any financial transactions on The South Asian Times, including paying for network services fees, advertising banners, product placements, products or services, you may be asked for credit card or other payment information. You agree that all information you provide is accurate, complete and current and that you will pay all charges owed, including any applicable taxes. You agree that you are solely responsible for any personal income reporting and tax payments required of you by applicable government authorities.
The South Asian Times reserves the right to discontinue in whole or in part any portion of The South Asian Times services or programs with or without notice.
- All pages within this Internet site are the property of FORSYTHE MEDIA GROUP, LLC Permission (which may be revoked at any time) is granted to download the material in this Site without alterations and for private and non-commercial use only so long as the following copyright notice is included: © 2008, TheSouthAsianTimes.com
- Any offer for any product or service made in the Site is void where prohibited.
- Third party trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and copyrights found on The South Asian Times belong to their respective owners.
- All rights to the The South Asian Times Material not expressly granted herein are reserved.
- Third Party Merchants and Advertisers: You acknowledge that FORSYTHE MEDIA GROUP, LLC does not control the performance of merchants or advertisers that appear on The South Asian Times. Therefore, if you choose to purchase a product or service, you release us from any and all claims you may have regarding the third party's failure to deliver or perform.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE MAY AT ANY TIME (DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY) SOLICIT MEMBER REFERRALS ON TERMS THAT MAY DIFFER FROM THOSE CONTAINED IN THIS USER AGREEMENT. YOU HAVE INDEPENDENTLY EVALUATED THE DESIRABILITY OF PARTICIPATING IN The South Asian Times OR ITS PROGRAMS AND ARE NOT RELYING ON ANY REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE OR STATEMENTS OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.
Back to Top
Abuse policy on Thesouthasian Times.com
TheSouthAsianTimes.com is committed to ensuring and enforcing a safe and friendly online community space for all our members. To this effect, we have come up with a Policy on Abuse that we would like all our members to be aware of. These rules govern the use of the TheSouthAsianTimes.com website and its product/service offerings and we would like all our members to cooperate in complying with these rules so that everyone can have a pleasant experience.
Conduct and use of language:
- Member contributions must be civil and tasteful and must not be malicious or designed to offend. Use of swear-words or profanity is strictly prohibited.
- Do not refer to the personality of other participants or attack an individual's character or personally insult another member. Do not use the Network to harass, threaten or verbally abuse or intimidate anyone, or behave in any manner that would cause annoyance or distress to other members.
- Members of TheSouthAsianTimes.com may not insult or defame the site, including any of its employees, moderators or freelancers. You may not post the contents (in part or whole) of any email that you may receive from any TheSouthAsianTimes.com employee(s) and/or moderator.
- Do not post any material that is obscene, defamatory, profane, libelous, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful or embarrassing towards other person(s) or an entity. We encourage a healthy exchange of opinions and disagreements. By all means challenge an opinion - but please do it respectfully. Name-calling, insults and use of foul or abusive language will not be tolerated. This includes the use of offensive member Display Names and URLs (your personal website address on TheSouthAsianTimes.com).
- Please be cautious when you divulge the details of your identity or personal information in your post(s), including photos of yourself or your family and friends. Anything posted online is accessible to the entire internet community and TheSouthAsianTimes.com is not liable in cases where such information is misused. Please be aware of the general dangers of online information sharing like identity theft, phishing and other fraudulent activities.
- Members of TheSouthAsianTimes.com are not permitted to collect or distribute personal data concerning other members at any time.
- Do not post messages more than once. This is also known as "flooding." TheSouthAsianTimes.com reserves the right to delete such posts and may terminate the accounts of such members.
- A member of TheSouthAsianTimes.com must not impersonate another member.
Advertising and Spamming:
- Commercial messages or promotional messages from businesses or organizations are not permitted on the The South Asian Times Network. TheSouthAsianTimes.com provides a platform for its members to express themselves in the form of articles, columns, opinions, comments, reviews, art and photos but the website must not be used as a medium for marketing or selling to our members (unless posted in The South Asian Times Classifieds).
- No advertising or promotion is allowed except where it is for an event, publication or similar item that has direct relevance to the subject of discussion and is non-commercial in nature. Please bear in mind that the space on the The South Asian Times Network is for creative contributions by members and not for personal advertising or promotion(s). Information about locating and sharing knowledge and expertise is welcomed, but must have relevance to the topic on which an opinion is expressed or a discussion is initiated.
- Do not post chain letters, promote pyramid schemes or recruit members for any "network marketing" or "multilevel marketing" businesses.
- Do not recruit members to join another website forum or chat group, whether personal or otherwise. If you have a suggestion for a new forum, please contact us or send your queries to us by clicking here.
- TheSouthAsianTimes.com encourages healthy discussion on the topics that members contribute to in forums and where relevant, members are allowed to post links to their content. However, overt promotion of, or inappropriate links to other known commercial websites on any forum are not permitted and will be removed. If you are unsure whether a link or a posting is allowed, please send your queries to us by clicking here. The definition of an "appropriate link" is one that is relevant to both the posting and the forum topic. A "commercial" site is considered as one which promotes a product or service for a price or for other consideration that suggests it is a for-profit business.
Uploading copies of copyrighted material as a whole or in part on TheSouthAsianTimes.com without explicit permission from the copyright owner shall be deemed to infringe on the copyright and this applies to materials such as text, images, music, movies, games, and other software in digital and analog format. TheSouthAsianTimes.com reserves the right to immediately delete such material without prior permission/consultation from the member. If you suspect that an image submitted to TheSouthAsianTimes.com is copyright protected and has been used fraudulently, please contact us immediately by clicking here.
TheSouthAsianTimes.com is always reaching out to a wider audience by showcasing the best of our member contributions. However, in doing so, we will not allow anything to be uploaded on the site that we think could be potentially endangering or is inflammatory or embarrassing to our members. It also helps members to be aware of certain things in the interest of their safety.
- All members are responsible for the safety of their personal information. We recommend that members do not disclose their names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers or other personal information online.
- All members need to be aware that when they upload their photos to the site, the photos are not only visible to the entire internet community but can also be downloaded, since any image that can be displayed on a computer screen can be saved by the person viewing it. It is technically not possible to prevent this and hence TheSouthAsianTimes.com cannot be held liable in such cases. If you are worried about someone else viewing or saving your images then please do not post them.
- Only meet someone in person that you have met online once you have verified their identity and have been assured of your personal safety in any such meeting. TheSouthAsianTimes.com cannot be held liable for any such private meetings amongst its users.
- All members are reminded that they may be held legally accountable for what they say or do online. In particular, members may be held liable for any defamatory comments, threats and/or untrue statements or other illegal and fraudulent claims made by them.
- TheSouthAsianTimes.com does not endorse the opinions expressed by its members.
- If any member fails to observe the above rules of conduct at any time, TheSouthAsianTimes.com reserves the right to terminate the membership of the member and/or delete all their contributions (either temporarily or permanently) from the site, depending on the nature and severity of the breach and without prior warning or consent of the member.
Registration as a TheSouthAsianTimes.com member at any time - past or present and use of the TheSouthAsianTimes.com website and all its product and service offerings will be taken as acceptance of the above rules of conduct. TheSouthAsianTimes.com's decision on all matters is final and binding on its members. Legal jurisdiction for all disputes is in the state of New York, USA.
You can reach TEAM The South Asian Times anytime by clicking here and we will respond to you in a timely manner. We hope you have an enjoyable and rewarding experience on TheSouthAsianTimes.com. Welcome Aboard!
Back to Top