By The SATimes News Service
Itanagar: Five persons from Arunachal Pradesh, who went missing on September 2, have been found in Chinese territory, and steps are being taken to ensure their early return, Union Minister Kiren Rijiju said on Tuesday.
Rijiju, the Union Youth Affairs and Sports Minister and an MP from Arunachal Pradesh, said in a tweet: “China’s PLA has responded to the hotline message sent by Indian Army. They have confirmed that the missing youths from Arunachal Pradesh have been found on their side. Further modalities to handover the persons to our authority are being worked out.”
Defense Spokesman Lt Col Harsh Wardhan Pande said that as a result of persistent efforts of Indian Army, the five missing hunters from Upper Subansiri district, who had inadvertently crossed over the Line of Actual Control (LAC) on September 2, were traced.
“Chinese Army on Tuesday responded on the hotline and confirmed that the missing Indians have been found on their side. Formalities for their early transfer is being coordinated with the Chinese Army,” he said in a brief statement.
Rijiju had earlier said that the Indian Army has sent a hotline message to the PLA about the reported abduction of five persons from Arunachal Pradesh.